Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ode to spring

Oh how I love the spring in the air,
The flowers and birdies and love everywhere.
I love how the tops of the jeeps are removed,
And the picnics and hick-trips to get in the groove.
First ankles, then calves, then knees start to show
Except that my whiteness sends memories of snow.
All of the world seems a little more fresh
Especially the Bajio’s that does harm to your breath.
And children from Provo to American Fark
Are happily poisoning pigeons in the park.
School time is over and hope is returning
For all who would rather be frolicking and turning
And though the desire is strong in my heart
I’m sitting at a desk, unable to part
And so I say to all my favorite amigos
Enjoy the sunshine for me! Tonight I have to close.

5 comments:

Barney Lund said...

Beautiful.

Tear.

Robyn said...

That was awesome. :)

Jen said...

You are so clever, witty and creative! I love it!

Nae said...

This is REAL literature, Mary. The real dealio, if you catch my drift! You've inspired me...

Molly said...

You're hilarious. I love your poem.