Friday, May 9, 2008

Impulse Shopping

I've been meaning to write about this for a while, and for some reason, I haven't yet. So, the other day, I was sitting at work, and came across a website for the Hobble Creek half marathon in August. My heart did a little flutter, and I got all giddy inside. Then the doubts arose and something like the world wide debates ensued. I'm not quite sure which shoulder really housed the devil, and which was the angel. However, I am fairly sure that the one labeled "angel" was raised by Santa Clause.



angel on my shoulder: register now!! yay!

devil on my other shoulder: no way! You don't know anything about this race and you're not even going to perform very well. Settle for mediocrity.

aoms: you're amazing! woohoo!

domos: You really shouldn't impulse shop.

aoms: It's not impulse! It's inspiration!

domos: Whatever. Just remember when running mile 11 in the race, and you're cursing yourself for registering, I warned you.

aoms: Ho, ho ho!

Well, the infamous "aoms" won and $33 later, I'm committed to running the race. I am actually super excited. Not only do I really love running generally, but I am excited for the challenge of another long race. The best part, is that I got Barney to register too! Yay!! Call me crazy, Don't worry. I already know. I am.

No comments: