Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bilingual

Amidst my extremely busy work schedule today, I somehow found time to observe the back of a bottle of hand sanitizer. Check out these active ingredients:
Ethyl Alcohol 62%, Water (agua), Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol,... the list continues.
Good thing water is added in both English and Spanish. And as active as water is, it sounds even more threatening when labled as "agua." I also think it's pretty funny that "agua" is the only Spanish word on the whole bottle. I can just picture someone who only speaks Spanish, trying to figure out what the contents of this bottle are, and the only word this person can understand is "agua." What if this person just thought it was blue water and drank the whole bottle? Someone really should figure out a solution for all my monolingual friends.

1 comment:

Catherine Hess said...

Mary! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog - I've been wondering how you are doing lately because I think I saw you walking down the sidewalk on 4th south in Orem a couple sundays ago. I'd love see you again! and Peter really wants to meet you. Let me know what your schedule is like and we can play! You can email me at catherine.hess@gmail.com. Have a great day!