Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Burnt taste buds

My boss/new best friend Sharon bought me some extremely hot hot chocolate today that was very tasty (well, at least I assume so. I couldn't really taste it) and very hot. After burning my taste buds off (the reason I couldn't really taste it), I began musing about the mysteries of life, the universe, and why we do things that we know will hurt us. Why do I drink hot chocolate, even when it is so hot that I can't taste anything else for a week? Maybe it's the same reason I go to the dentist. As Calvin's (as in Calvin and Hobbes) dad said, "Calvin, go do something you hate. Being miserable builds character."
Maybe it's the same reason I love running so much. No. Running isn't miserable.

2 comments:

Barney Lund said...

At the risk of making you think I'm complaining (I'm really not), I must disagree with your last sentence. :)

Elise said...

I just love Calvin & Hobbes.