Monday, November 1, 2010

Bernard

See this dog? I named it Bernard. Millie liked it.



Millie and I picked it up (or rather, it invited itself) on our run the other morning. I tried my best to get rid of it, to no avail. It just kept on running with us, and occasionally into us. So annoying. Especially when it slimed my pants.

Except, I started feeling a little responsible for Bernard. Like the time when I yelled at it to keep it off the front bumper of a car, and the time I thought for 3 milliseconds about cleaning up it's poop on some random person's lawn.

The worst part was that people kept giving me dirty looks for having a dog on the loose. I just kept yelling, "Not my dog!" to everyone I saw.

And then, there were three.

Seriously.

We picked up 2 more little dogs following along behind.

And then, we had a regular parade when two more decided to join. I wish I had thought to pull out my camera phone at that point. Instead I just pretended I didn't hear the traffic jam or all the cars honking at our dog parade.


We finally lost Bernard when we ran into my parent's house and locked the door. I almost felt bad for running away like that. Almost.



What I want to know, is how much I'm going to get paid for taking all those dogs for a run.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Such a random happening!

Net said...

You should get a medal. (clearly, I'm not a dog-fan)
Oh, and then wear your medal on your next parade!

MoM said...

carry mace?