Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm back!

Well, we're settling in to our new place back in Utah. If there's one (or two...or three) thing(s) I've learned from this move, it's:


*I'm addicted to having Internet. I basically had a hernia before they set it up yesterday. (If I've been absent on your blogs, that's my excuse.)

*I'm way too good at acquiring free and useless things. We have two storage rooms full of stuff that we left for the summer, and now that I'm having to go through it all, I think I'll just burn it instead.

*I love free babysitting.

*More house space=more work. Lesson learned. After this year, I think I could be okay with one bedroom apartments for the rest of my life.

*Fruit trees are wonderful, and yet, so much work. Why is it that I already have had several days up to my eyebrows in apricots, and haven't even made a dent in the tree?


Okay, that was five.


See you soon!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you're back!!! We need to come scope out your new place :)

sara said...

yum, send me some apricots. Or better yet, bring some down and we'll make jam. Yummy! I'm so glad you're back! Thanks for the comment love. Oh, and living in a 1 bedroom will be nice up until Millie, Jeffy, George, and Fran are 14,12,11,&9 respectively and you and Mr. Lund would like a little "alone" time. (wink wink) You might have to spring for a 2 bedroom by then.

Emily said...

Free babysitting is THE BEST! Hope you are feeling settled in.

Net said...

1. internet = right arm; there's no shame in admitting it - I don't care if the pioneers DID manage to get along without it.
2. burn the stuff before you look at it and are tempted to keep any.
3. never move away from family.
4. I guarantee you will change your mind after kid #4
5. fruit trees = free fruit. I'm green with jealousy.

Nae said...

Yay for being so close!!! :)

Thompson Family said...

Welcome back to Utah? What town? I'll babysit Miss Millie for FREE!! (no, really, I will) She is such a little doll!

Lili and Jeff said...

Amen to the free babysitting! But who wouldn't want to babysit your little girl for free? Also, throwing away extra stuff is what I live for! After not seeing your stuff for a long time, it is a bit easier to give it up, I think. You start to realize you didn't miss it too much.