Monday, August 16, 2010

A Knuckle Story: not to be read by the faint hearted

When I was young, (until I was 18) I didn't have any knuckles. Just dimples where knuckles should be.

My mom said that I could call myself an adult when I got some.

So, I wished and wished for those knuckles, so I could join the world of adulthood.

Now, I'm wishing and wishing for the days of dimples to come back.

My knuckles have been nothing but trouble.


First, I got some little bumps on my knuckle, that I wasn't sure about, so I went to the doctor. They were warts! G.R.O.S.S.!!! I had never had them before, and I didn't like them. So, he pulled out the liquid nitrogen.

Then came the enormous blister, then the pus, then the volcano, then the hand infection.

I'm guessing the outcome will either be amputation, or a scar on my knuckle. The question is, which looks worse? The scar or the original bumps?

This picture (which has been edited of course. Don't want to gross anyone out. See the streaking down my arm?), definitely doesn't do my owie justice.



Do you think this will ruin my career as a hand model?

Lessons learned: don't grow up, never go to the doctor, never wish for anything.


In other news, Millie has a new look. She makes it when she's trying to squeeze the life out of something/someone. Or maybe she's just working on a little surprise for me in her diaper.

2 comments:

sara said...

I was hoping for a way more gory picture. Sorry about the wart though. That doesn't sound fun. I hear warts can form on dimples too so I'm not sure you would've escaped it had you stayed young. Good thing you were able to go to the doctor and you didn't have to just use windex to fix (think: big fat greek wedding).

Millie and I make the same face when we're squeezing. I knew we were BFFs.

Net said...

whoa, that was really random and strange. I had no idea you had no knuckles. I also had no idea I should be grateful for my own. so sorry about the warts. I can truly sympathize with you on that, though I never went the dr/nitrogen route. repeated OTC meds and finally just digging the suckers out seemed to do the trick. you just have to make sure to get the roots (tweezers). good luck with the scar! vitamin E oil perhaps?