Well, today is the day that you and I (mostly I) have been anticipating for basically the past...365 days. That's right, it's my BIRTHDAY!!! In honor of the occasion, I took a long nap yesterday, and when I woke up, I ate 1/4 of a two layer cake by myself--in one sitting. It was completely uncharacteristic of me (a behavior probably encouraged by the 13 movies we bought a few nights ago), and as a consequence for my unnatural action, my body overcompensated and this morning, I weighed the least I've weighed for probably 10 years. As I write, I am on hold with the AVIS car rental company, trying to get a refund on an overcharged rental for my boss. However, it seems like the perfect time to reflect on why I love birthdays (especially mine) so much.
* Facebook. Since there's a notification that today is my birthday, so far I've received 10, no 11 "Happy Birthday" messages on my "wall".
* Early morning birthday/wake-up songs. Thanks Allison.
* In my family growing up, we could eat anything we wanted for breakfast, and we didn't have to practice our instruments. This is still the case. Never mind that I never practice and I chose yogurt and oatmeal.
* Barney considered taking the day off. I'm so glad that he has a job, but it sure is fun when he stays home.
* Cake! Did I mention that I ate a lot of it yesterday?
* I'm a year older, and one year closer to my quarter-life crisis. It seems like something significant is supposed to happen around now...
* Free meals/deserts at restaurants. I usually count the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after as my "birthday season".
Mostly, I love you all (all one of you who read this blog--thanks Barn!) and am so glad that you've been a part of my life this year.
Back to the hold music.